The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Armenia is the authorized body of the state governance system that elaborates and implements the foreign policy of the Government of the Republic of Armenia.
The Ministry is established, reorganized and its activities shall be terminated by law.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Armenia operates based on Constitution of the Republic of Armenia, the Law of the Republic of Armenia "On the Structure and Functioning of the Government", the Law ‘’On Diplomatic Service’’ and other legal texts.
According to the Law of the Republic of Armenia on the Structure and Functioning of the Government adopted on March 23, 2018 the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has the following areas of activity:
- Representation of the rights and interests of the Republic of Armenia in international relations;
- Protection of the rights and legitimate interests of citizens and legal entities of the Republic of Armenia in foreign countries;
- Realisation of the International treaty relations of the Republic of Armenia, as well as diplomatic or consular relations with foreign countries and international organizations;
- Presentation of relevant recommendations on the basis of an analysis of the world political and economic situation, foreign and domestic policies of foreign countries, activities of international organizations;
- raising the role of the Republic of Armenia in solving global and regional problems;
- Ensuring the State Protocol of the Republic of Armenia;
- Providing the state agencies with the foreign policy related information necessary for realisation of their functions
The activities of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are aimed at strengthening the external security of the Republic of Armenia, ensuring favourable external conditions for development, deepening the engagement in international organizations and international processes, and further strengthening of cooperation with friendly and partner countries.
Establishing stability, cooperation, security and peace in the region is one of the key issues of foreign policy. Armenia brings its contribution to the establishment of a stable and secure South Caucasus.
MFA of Armenia
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Armenia