United Arab Emirates
Diplomatic relations between Armenia and the UAE were established on June 25, 1998 in New York.
In 2012 Mr. Gegham Gharibjanyan presented his credentials as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Armenia to the United Arab Emirates.
By the RA President’s decree on October 25 2018 Mher Mkrtumyan was appointed Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of the Republic of Armenia to the United Arab Emirates (residence in Abu Dhabi).
Since February 2019 the UAE Ambassador to the Republic of Armenia is Mohammed Al-Zaabi.
Armenia and UAE develop effective cooperation in political, economic, educational, scientific and other fields.
To the UAE
|February 2000||Armenian Foreign Minister Vardan Oskanian (off.)|
|April 2002||Armenian President Robert Kocharyan (off.)|
|September 2005||Armenian Foreign Minister Vardan Oskanian (work.)|
|October 2007||Armenian Foreign Minister Vardan Oskanian (work.)|
|December 2007||Armenian President Robert Kocharyan (work.)|
|November 2012||Armenian Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian (work.)|
|November 2016||RA President Serzh Sargsyan's official visit to UAE|
|February 2017||Head of the Office of the President of the Republic of Armenia Armen Gevorgyan's working visit to the United Arab Emirates|
|March 2017||RA President Serzh Sargsyan's working visit to UAE to participate in Armenia-UAE investment forum|
|January 2019||RA President Armen Sarkissian's official visit to UAE to participate in the Conference on “Future Summit” in the framework of Abu Dhabi “Sustainability Week Forum”|
|February 2019||RA Defense Minister Davit Tonoyan's working visit to UAE to take part in Abu Dhabi International Conference on Defense, as well as IDEX-2019 Military-Industrial Exposition|
|September 2005||UAE Ruler of Sharja Emirate Sheykh Sultan Bin Muhammad Al Qasimi (off.)|
|August 2008||UAE Deputy Ruler of Ras el-Khayma Sheykh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qasimi (work.)|
|June 2009||Minister of Foreign Affaires of the UAE Sheykh Abdallah Bin Zayed Al Nahayan (work.)|
|June 2014||Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and the business delegation's visit|
|July 2014||launch of Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi-Yerevan- Abu Dhabi direction|
|February 2015||Arrived new appointed UAE Ambassador Jassem Al-Qasimi|
|April 2015||Health Minister Abdul Rahman Mohammed Al- Uveysi visit to Yerevan for participation to the events dedicated to the commemoration of the 100th years of Armenian Genocide|
|October 2015||Zaki Nuseybayi UAE President's visit to Yerevan to attend the Francophonie Summit|
|March 2017||Armenian-American investment conference was held in Abu Dhabi attended by Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan, who was on a working visit to the UAE|
|July 2017||UAE Foreign Minister Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan visited Armenia, where he held meetings with the Armenian President, Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs|
- On mutual encouragement and protection of investments: April 20, 2002, Abu Dhabi
- On avoiding of double taxation of profits and estate: April 20, 2002, Abu Dhabi
- On economic and technical cooperatio: April 20, 2002, Abu Dhabi
- On legal assistance in criminal matters: April 20, 2002, Abu Dhabi
- On extradition: April 20, 2002, Abu Dhabi
- On cooperation in the field of healthcare and medical assistance: April 20, 2002, Abu Dhabi
- On cooperation in the field of agriculture: April 20, 2002, Abu Dhabi
- On cultural cooperation: April 20, 2002, Abu Dhabi
- On reciprocal granting of land for diplomatic missions: December 10, 2007, Anu Dhabi
- On financing of Arpa-Sevan water channel: December 10, 2007, Anu Dhabi
- On cooperation in the field of Air Services: November 20, 2012, Abu Dhabi
- On political consultations between the Ministry of Foreign Affaires of the Republic of Armenia and the Ministry of Foreign Affaires of the UAE: December 10, 2007, Anu Dhabi
- Memorandum of Understanding on “Cooperation in the Field of Combating Trafficking in Human Beings”, December 7, 2009 Abu Dhabi
- Memorandum of Understanding on “Cooperation between Control Chambers”, May 2013
- Protocol on “Cooperation in the Field of Education and Science”, April 20 2002, Abu Dhabi
- Memorandum of Understanding on “Enhancing Investment and Business Opportunities between the RA Chamber of Commerce and the Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry of the UAE”, November 10, 2016 in Abu Dhabi
- Memorandum of Understanding on "Scientific and Technical Cooperation between the Government of the Republic of Armenia and the UAE Government", November 10, 2016 in Abu Dhabi
- Memorandum of Understanding on “Cooperation in Emergency Situations between the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Armenia and the National Bureau of Emergency Situations, Crisis and Disaster Management of the UAE National Security Supreme Council”, November 10, 2016 in Abu Dhabi
- On establishment of diplomatic relations: July 1998, New York
- On intention to cooperate in the field of education and science.
April 20, 2002, Abu Dhabi
Armenia-UAE trade exchange volumes
|Export||Import (by country of origin)||Import (trading country)|
|2018||69 550.8||97 939.1||174 925.2|
Major items of import
Paint-and-lacquer, construction materials, sugar, candy, plasic goods, paper, furniture, home appliances, transport means & autos etc.
Major items of export
Copper and alluminium products, natural and artificial pearls etc.
Updated on 05.04.2019