Media accreditation procedure for the coverage of the snap parliamentary elections to be held on June 20, 2021
Representatives of foreign media, including holders of annual accreditation cards of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, who would like to cover the snap parliamentary elections the Republic of Armenia to be held on June 20, 2021, in order to receive an accreditation in the Central Electoral Commission of Armenia should apply for an accreditation (short-term accreditation) at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia before June 3, 2021. You need to send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Brief autobiography (CV) (in one of the following languages: Armenian, Russian, English or French),
- passport: if the passport is extended, a copy of the validation page (in .pdf or .jpg format);
- Official photo for the accreditation card (.jpg format)
- An official letter containing the following information:
- (in case of a legal entity)
- Brief description of the media outlet (name of the media outlet, location address, contact details of the media director or editor-in-chief);
- Name and surname of the journalist (in case of a journalistic group, all members of the group)
- the election to be covered and the voting date,
- the list of attached documents;
- date of application
- signature of the media director or chief editor;
- (in case of individual/physical person)
- first, middle (if indicated in passport or ID) and last name of a person, place of residence;
- information about the media outlets where the journalist previously worked (at least the last 3);
- links of the previously published articles or their copies (at least the last 5 with the attached file)
- information about the media or platforms where the prepared materials will be published,
- in case of bloggers, information about their followers (how many) and their platform links;
- elections to be covered and the voting date;
- list of the attached documents;
- date of application;
- applicant’s signature.
If the representative of foreign media has an annual accreditation by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs the application should include a letter signed and sealed by the editor, elections to be covered and the voting date, as well as the date of application.
In case of intention to use special photo and video recording equipment (e.g. UAV) please attach the technical description of the equipment. Please note that there may be restrictions on the use of certain types of equipment.
Once the accreditation is approved by the Central Electoral Commission of Armenia the Ministry of Foreign Affairs will provide accreditation cards of which the applicant will be notified.