I have more than one passport, if I apply with one, can I use the other
to enter Armenia.
- If you have more than one passport and apply for eVisa with one,
you MUST present the same passport to border guards when arriving
Armenia, otherwise your eVisa will be invalid and you will have to
apply for a conventional visa and pay the applicable fees. (keep in
mind there is no guarantee that a conventional visa will be issued).
do I apply for an e-visa?
- You go on line to
www.mfa.am Click on the e-visa button and proceed.
What happens after I
apply for my e-Visa
- As soon as your application is received, you receive an immediate
confirmation, with the reference number that your application is
assigned. Then, your credit card is verified and charging
authorization is received from your bank. Finally, your application
goes through a verification process. You should use the reference
number to check the status of your e-Visa by clicking the "Check
Status" option online..
- If your application is:
- In process
- You should check back later. Although most applications are
processed within two business days, some applications may take
little longer to process.
- You should see a graphic representation of a visa, complete
with your visa number and other particulars. You may want to print
the page and keep it for your records.
- Upon arrival in Armenia simply
inform the border guards that you have been issued an e-Visa.
Border guards will electronically verify validity of your e-Visa.
- If data submitted in your application does not exactly
correspond with your factual information, you will be considered
to have arrived without a visa and will be processed accordingly.
- Your application for an e-Visa could not be approved on line.
You may want to contact an
Armenian Mission nearest you and apply for a conventional
apply for e-Visa.
- Applications may be submitted by anyone outside Armenia who wishes
to receive a visitor visa to enter Armenia
does it cost?
- The combined Visa price and on-line application fee is the
equivalent of US $40.
- Children under 18 receive their visas free of charge.
are eVisas valid?
- eVisas are valid for travel for up to 180 days from date of issue.
They are good for a single entry, and a stay of up to up to 120 days.
- Duration of stay is included in the validity.
What if I don't have a
- If you do not have a credit card, then it is not possible to apply
for a visa online. Instead, you may apply with any of Armenia’s
missions around the world.
Why do you ask for my credit card information before everything else?
- Applying for a visa on line is a new kind of process for all
countries, not just Armenia. In order to dissuade those who are not
serious about submitting an application, we ask for credit card
information first. Once we receive credit card authorization, then the
rest of the information is processed.
have to contact an Embassy or Consulate to double check the process or
verify the approval?
- No. An e-Visa is processed directly on-line through the
Consular Services of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and not through
an Embassy or Consulate.
Is the Armenian e-Visa
accepted at all of Armenia's borders?
- Yes. Visitors with e-Visa will be able to enter Armenia by the following border crossing checkpoints of the Republic of Armenia: Zvartnots international Airport, Gyumri Airport, Ayrum railway station, Bagratashen, Bavra, Gogavan and Megri land borders.
How will the border control guards know that I am approved and have
electronically received a visa?
- They, too, are informed electronically, and your passport
information appears on their computer monitors. When you reach the
control booth upon arrival, simply tell the officer that you have an
What types of e-Visas are
- Currently the the only visa available on line is 120-day visitor
Do all the members of a family traveling together need individual
- Yes. A separate application should be submitted by each member of the family traveling to Armenia.
need an e-Visa?
- Yes. Minors need to apply and receive an e-Visa. e-Visas are issued free of charge for children under 18. All applications for children under 16 must be accompanied by applications for accompanying adults.
e-Visa be extended for stays beyond 120 days?
- Yes. Just as with conventional visitor visas, the e-Visa may be extended for an additional 60 days.
I have applied and received my e-Visa but my travel plans have changed,
can I get a refund?
- No. Visa applications are non-refundable.
e-Visa grant me permission for employment in Armenia?
- No. e-Visa is a visitor visa only.
Can I travel to Karabakh
- No. Armenian visas – electronic or conventional – are not
sufficient for travel to Karabakh. In Yerevan, you can visit the
Karabakh Representation office and receive a visa.
been issued my e-Visa, however I can't print the page properly (graphics
- The "PRINT BACKGROUND COLORS AND IMAGES" option in your browser
may be turned off. To turn it on in In Internet Explorer,
select the following from the menu:
- Internet Options
- Scroll down to "Printing"
- Click and select and activate the option to print background
colors and images"
- For other browsers, consult the user help section.
I have been issued my e-Visa, however "status check" returns an invalid
- You should make sure to include all the punctuations within the
reference number. Below are examples of valid and invalid entries for
the following reference number: 021030.024401.8695.05
- Valid entry: 021030.024401.8695.05
- Invalid entry: 021030 024401 8695 05
- Invalid entry: 021030024401869505
- Invalid entry: 021030-024401-8695-05